Thursday, January 18, 2007

Girl's Day Out

Today was a "me" day. I don't have many of them, despite the fact I don't have an outside job and my two kids are in school. But see what kind of "me" days I tend to have and you'll understand why I'm not terribly upset by their low frequency.

I did my workout after dropping off my youngest at school (I'm STILL the same weight I was when I started 4 months ago, but I've lost inches and body fat percentage. Woo hoo!), came home to shower then went for my mammogram. Though I've heard tell of women having mammogram parties (where a bunch of them get their appointments together and make a day of it), I don't have a circle of friends with cooperative schedules, so I went it alone. After that, I went shopping. No, not shoe shopping or clothes shopping (*snort* Are you kidding? Here?). I bought dog food, glass cleaner, a rear view mirror adhesive kit, and laundry soap. I took myself to lunch where I did run into a friend and we chatted for a bit. Then, off to get my shaggy mane cut into submission. Now that I have laundry soap, I can finish up the week's laundry. Oh boy!

So I guess I did do one girlie thing today. Two, if you count the mammogram. Which, BTW, was fine, thank you.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger BestDayEver said...

It's obvious that I need to come up there and take you out for a REAL Girls Day Out! :D

Something that includes drinks with either olives or umbrellas, food with cheese and dessert. And if we're lucky, a hot waiter!

Oh-and glad the mammo went well. :)

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Jody W. and Meankitty said...

I had a promo/work day today, and these days, that's a ME day! #1 is at G-ma's so me and DH are also watching all the violent, nekkid R rated stuff we feel like watching.

However, cheesecake and a hot waiter sounds even better.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

I think we all need to figure out a place to meet up and have a Girls' Day (or Days) out. Alcohol, cheesecake, and hot waiters would be manditory.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Tracy Montoya said...

Sharron, you took the words right out of my mouth. Cathy, I know we only met once and everything, but someone really needs to show you how to have a ME day, and seeing as it's a special gift of mine, I elect me. Next time you and I are at National, we are going to a spa, where I will make the pedicurist paint little flowers on your toes. And then we are going to buy ourselves something stupidly expensive. And then we will eat chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. Margaritas should also play a role. I like Sharron's idea of a hot waiter. And then I will make you a list so you can replicate at your leisure at home.

Sheesh. The things I do for people....

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger BestDayEver said...

I bow to Tracy Queen of the GDO (Girl's Day Out). I want flowers on my toes!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Meretta said...

LOL! Minus the mammogram, you and I lead identical kinds of ME days.

Can I have flowers on my toes, too?

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Sure, Meretta! Flowers on toes can be our GDO equivalent of the secret handshake. Or something like that.

Tracy, remember you're in charge of stuff like that ; )

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Sierra Donovan said...

Cathy, if it's any consolation, hot waiters are in short supply in my neck of the woods too....

By the way, as a writer, have you ever noticee how there are never any hotties behind the postal counter?

I actually DID have a girl day yesterday, albeit a small one. Finally got out to spend my birthday gift card (I have a post-Christmas birthday, so it's a relatively SMALL gift card). But I picked up a pair of much-needed new loafers -- not "girlie" shoes, but still, something I never get around to ponying up the money for on my own -- and a brand new shiny book at Barnes & Noble. I was feeling pretty sated and centered ... at least until it was time to make dinner....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home