Thursday, November 30, 2006

American Title III--End of Round Two

The second round of the American Title III contest ended this past Sunday. Only six of the eight writers who made it through round one will go on. Yes, it was announced. No, I can't tell you.

Those of us voted out share a mixed bag of emotions. Happy for those who made it, sorry for ourselves and our fellow eliminees, relief that a certain amount of stress has been removed, disappointment that we won't get the prize. At least not in this instance ; ) I have great confidence about the publishability of my fellow finalists, and myself for that matter. It's just going to take a different route than winning the contest, that's all.

Round three starts in a couple of weeks with the Story Summary portion of the contest. I'll be sure to remind you to vote.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Meretta said...

Best of luck to everyone, but it's tough knowing only one of the ten can take home the prize!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Tracy Montoya said...

Sharron told me you're very Zen about the whole thing, Cathy, but I'm cranky on your behalf. CLEARLY you did not deserve to be voted off. But that whole first line thing is a bit of a crapshoot. I always get nervous for the AT finalists I like until they've gotten past one-line entries and into weeks where voters could read something with some meat on it. Anyway, congratulations on finaling in the first place, and I hope it brings you some positive attention with some editors and agents!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Thanks, Tracy, but you don't have to be cranky for me anymore. It is tough to get the feel of a story from the first line, but they have to start with something, right? And the AT III situation is just about the only Zen thing in my life just now ; )

Yes, Meretta, it would be nice if we could all have gone home with the big prize here. But knowing this group, I see sales announcements in our futures.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

That's a good question. I'll ask. Worse they could do is say no. I can't see how it's been copyrighted, though, other than by me.
And thanks for the "rocks" comment. Back at ya, babe ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home