Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Week to Go

Just one week left in the first round of the American Title III voting. While it seemed like a long week, I’m sure the coming week will seem even longer. Though it’s hard to know whether that’s from nerves about the contest or the fact my kids had this past Friday off (in-service day for teachers) and will have Thursday and Friday of the coming week off (parent-teacher conferences). Needless to say (but alas, something is ALWAYS said after ‘needless to say’) I haven’t gotten as much done as I’d hoped. I did crit a couple of chapters for my pal Sharron. That’s writing related, so it counts. Right?

My fellow finalists and I exchanged a flurry of emails at the start of the week, supporting each other during server miscues and other unexpected glitches. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m honored to be part of this group.

I received notes from friends and family who overcame my ineptitude at imbedding links in emails and managed to vote. Thanks, all!!!

So I’ll get back to writing. Or start the laundry. Actually, I’ll be doing both today. And you thought all we writers did was sit around, drinking and commenting on the ironies of life or what have you. I’ll do that during the spin cycle.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger BestDayEver said...

Isn't that what the spin cycle is for?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home