Friday, October 06, 2006

AT 2 Finalists Offer a Hand


First, I want to extend a huge thank you to the AT 2ers for giving us advice and support. And to Janice Lynn and Gerri Russell, the AT 1 and AT 2 winners, respectively, for coming aboard the group Lindsey Brookes started to help answer our myriad of questions. You’ve been very good to us, and we all appreciate it!

Starting today and running through Oct. 15, the finalists of last year’s American Title contest will be posting interviews with each of this year’s current finalists on their blog here . We were asked the same questions, so it will be interesting to see how they were answered. Here’s the schedule:

Jenny Gardiner: Sleeping with Ward Cleaver (interview date 10/6)
Judi Fennell: Beauty and The Best (interview date 10/7)
Linda Thomas-Sundstrom: Barbie and the Beast (interview date 10/8)
Sally Stotter: Dare You (interview date 10/9)
Cathy Pegau: Haunted (interview date 10/10)
Meretta Pater: Rising Sin (interview date 10/11)
Lindsey Brookes: Operation: Date Escape (interview date 10/12)
Kim Howe: One Shot, Two Kills (interview date 10/13)
Raz Steel: Pass the Kryptonite (interview date 10/14)
Kate Carlisle: The Kama Sutra Chronicles (interview date 10/15)

You’ll note I’m slated for the 10th, but be sure to read all the interviews. These folks are talented, fun, funny and sweet. I’m honored to be in their company.

The writing community is an amazing place. From offering advice on formatting to sharing research ideas, from celebrating sales and contest finals to commiserating about rejections and bad reviews, and much, much more, the writers I associate with are always willing to lend a hand or an ear despite the fact we are all vying for a limited number of coveted publication spots. Is it like that in other businesses? I don’t know, but I doubt it. And it makes me glad I chose this one.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Knitty Yas said...

congrats on your finalist status as well as the new website which looks mighty nifty!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Toni Anderson said...

Good luck Cathy, my friend Meretta sent me over. I used to be a fish biologist and I too live in the semi frozen North LOL. Now I'm a SAHM and romance writer.


Have fun with the moose!!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Thanks, ladies!

Toni--we seem to be living somewhat parallel lives : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home