Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What a Deal!

I've been sitting on some news for nearly two weeks, waiting until things were more "official." My lovely agent Natalie Fischer posted this, so it looks like we're a go : ) Carina Press made an offer on Bad Girl! Yay!

Excited doesn't describe how I've been feeling for the past twelve days. I simply can't believe it at times. I know the real work has yet to begin (edits will be coming soon), and I'm sure I'll question my sanity for ever starting down this road. But for now, all I can say is WOW!

And a huge thanks to my crit partners Sharron and Jody. Because without them there would be no Bad Girl. Without them encouraging me and kicking my butt, I would have quit writing a long time ago. So thank you my friends! You are the best!

OK, back to the wip so I can show Natalie and Carina I'm more than a one hit wonder ;)

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Maria Zannini said...

Welcome to the family. :)

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Thanks, Maria :) It's GREAT to be part of Carina Press.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger LVLM(Leah) said...

OMG, I'm so going to buy it! It will be my first Carina press book buying experience. I know that Angela James (formerly of Samhain) went over there, so I know the quality of writing from Carina authors is very good.

Congrats!!!!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Thanks, Leah. I'm flattered that I'd be your first Carina title. At least I can count on one sale ;)

Angela is Head Editorial Honcho over at Carina, which is one of the main reasons I wanted to go there. Lucky for me, Natalie thought the same thing : )

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

W&C, I'm thinking I can credit/blame you to a degree, depending on how things go, yes? ;)

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud and happy for you!!!! SMP

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

SMP: Aw, thanks! That means a lot : )

 
At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HURRRRAAAAAAY! Congratulations hugs to you, Cathy! I know it's been a long time coming, but I hope it was well worth the wait!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Thanks, Meretta :) It has been worth it. Though I haven't had to do gobs of promo yet, so we'll see if *that* changes my tune :)

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Amy Jandrey said...

Congrats! Can't wait to read it in print!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

You and me both, Amy : ) Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home