Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shine on Harvest Moon



Autumnal Equinox already?!?! My, how time flies.

We've had a couple weeks of glorious days here in the usually soggy Northlands. Daytime temps in the upper 50s (that's balmy for us) and a nice snap to the air come evening. After a summer soaking, we deserve to dry out a little before the weather returns to normal. Lucky for us, we've actually been able to see the bright, bulging moon up here. (The pic isn't mine, but snagged from Wikkipedia.)

School is in full swing, which means my dance card as a sub is filling up. I don't have anything scheduled for October yet, but I know something is coming. It always is. But that's good. As long as I can discipline myself to write in the evenings (not my favorite or more brain-active times) and weekends I should get the WIP done and some contest judging finished in a timely manner.

Oh, Sharron's visit was a hoot, and over all too soon. Did some hiking, trekked to the glacier (that is, drove. It's 40 miles away), wandered about in the delta flats and decided (a) it was waaaay too wet for our footwear, and (b) the potential for bears popping up from the alders scared the bejesus out of us. Sharron was around the morning DH bagged a good-sized cow moose, so she got to watch and participate in skinning and hanging. Messy, but man oh man, that moose tastes good!

We did go to Fish Prom, but were so busy yammering with others (Sharron, I haven't seen *him* since then : ) that we didn't get much in the way of photos. The outfits were great. Who knew there'd be so much paisley in our small town? We didn't stick around for the dancing because we had an early morning departure, but it was a fun night.

So as the weather gets cooler and damper, as our lives settle into routine, as I await word on this or that project, I wish you all a bountiful harvest of whatever you have sown.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you many, many glorious days! Seems that many places had a very wet summer.

We were dry, but now fall and winter has settled in nicely and we're drab and dreary with a wind warning.

I'm glad you had a good visit with your friend, Sharron. Good visits are always great!

I am disappointed there are no fish prom pictures though. sigh. ;)

Are you doing anything for your birthday this weekend, twin-of-mine?

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

I think my glorious days are numbered. Weather-wise, anyway : )

It's always fun to visit when you don't feel obligated to entertain. Sharron and I go waaaay back and can sit around just gabbing and drinking tea or coffee for hours. That's as much fun, if not more so, than actually doing anything.

Yeah, sorry about the lack of Fish Prom pics. You'll just have to take my word that it was a ball.

No big plans for the b-day. Hubby is headed out of town (again) early Sunday. There's an orchestra and violinist in town tomorrow, so we'll probably do that.

How about you, my twin?

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No plans, but had a surprise birthday given for me last weekend, so that was fun.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

That does sound like fun.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!!!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger LVLM(Leah) said...

I was your birthday?

Well, happy Birthday to YOU!

I hope it was a good one. :-)

That's great you had a good time with your friend. Those times with a G-friend, hanging out, are the best.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Thanks, Leah. It's been a really great day, even if I had to work : )

Hanging with Sharron is always fun. I love it that we really don't need to do anything, especially in such a small town. A bit of hiling, a little Fish Promming, and it's all good : )

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

I meant hiking, not "hiling"... whatever THAT is...sheesh.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Jody W. and Meankitty said...

I did not eat moose in Yellowstone but I tasted an elk burger. No diff from cow, really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home