Wednesday, September 01, 2010

This and That

School starts in just over a week. I'm much happier about it than the kids, though they are anxious to be able to do something other than chores.

BF Sharron arrives Saturday for what's going to be an all too brief visit. We will hike around, go see the glacier, and attend the Fish Prom. Details regarding that later.

Holly is doing well. Finishes with her meds today. I'm trying to get in touch with her regular vet, who has another office in another part of the state, but no luck so far. Hopefully he'll swing by our town soon. It's still a bit weird to see her with only three legs, but she doesn't seem bothered.

Diligently working on revisions of Bad Girl. Patiently waiting CPs' notes so I can resubmit.

Critting some chapters for Melanie. Will get them to you soon!

Mulling the continuation of the current WIP and how to tackle a serious plot hole in a different story. I mean, Mack truck-sized plot hole. Got the characters, got the setting. Logical plot? Not so much. Perhaps it's time to jettison that line of thought and go elsewhere with it.

That's what I'm up to. You?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fish prom? I'm intrigued and waiting with eager anticipation!

I hope the kids have fun in school. Who will you get to help do chores? Mind you, I'm sure there will be less chores with the kids away at school rather than at home messing things up (if they are anything at all like mine!).

More hugs to Holly! Lovely girl.

And good luck with the WIP! Keep at it. It will come!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger LVLM(Leah) said...

Is jealous of you hiking around a glacier.

I'm so happy your baby is doing better. It's hard I think to not have a vet available all the time.

You gonna let us know when your book gets published?

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Hi Meretta,

Yeah, Fish Prom. 70's disco theme. Should be....interesting. And fun : ) I'm sure there will be pictures. Oy.

Kids in school does help keep the chores down, but there's always something for me to ignore : )

Thanks for the well wishes for Holly and my WIP : )

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Hi LVLM,

Well, we won't be on this particular glacier, though there is one nearby we could hike on. We'll have to see.

It is tough not having a vet here all the time. Now that Holly's staples are out and she's off meds we have to think about chemo. If we go that way, it means trundling to Anchorage. We'll se what we can work out.

Of course I'll tell you when I get published! Not that I'm there yet : ) But you'll probably be able to hear the scream from where you are.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Fish prom sounds awesome!

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Well, "awesome" may be stretching it, W&C, but we'll do our best : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home