Saturday, November 13, 2010

Whiplash

On the very same day I was making arrangements for our furry friend Holly (previous post), I received the best news in my fledgling career. Never have I laughed and cried so much in the same afternoon, the same hour. I got my head on straight enough to send out emails, but mostly spent the weekend mentally exhausted, weepy, and waiting.

One of my emails resulted in an agent asking to see the full manuscript of my science fiction romance Bad Girl. In a couple of days, I received an update from her that she was half way through and really enjoying the story. I couldn't believe it. I dared to hope, because that's what we writers do when we aren't waiting anxiously or, here's a thought, writing. The agent made an offer for representation, and after a few more emails and a lovely conversation (she is so nice!), I am pleased to announce I've signed with Natalie Fischer of the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency. Yay!

The Universe is never short on surprising, seemingly random events, where the stars align and good fortune befalls us on the heels of such sorrow. Usually, and thankfully, such diametric events don't occur at the same time, but I'll take the emotional roller coaster over bland sameness any day. Well, not today. I need to write.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger LVLM(Leah) said...

you mean wip lash don't you? :-)

Whoa! That's fantastic news. It seems most writers these days aren't able to get an agent. Most new writers go the route of epublishing and so on. But you got an agent right off! Dang, that totally rocks.

I can't wait to read it!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Hehhehheh...wip lash :) Good one.

I can't say I got my agent "right off." There's more to the story than I've relayed here, but I'm going to hold off on details for a bit. When the time is right, I'll spill.

And I can't wait for you to read it, Leah. You're one of the first people I'll be sending it to : )

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Maria Zannini said...

Oh my gosh!! That's terrific news! I can't wait to hear more.

Here's hoping it sell fast and sells big. I want to say I knew you when. :)

Maybe that was Karma's way of leaving you something else to focus on--a gift from Holly.

I'm so excited for you! When it does sell, you better promise me you'll be a guest on my blog.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Thanks, Maria. I was thinking similar thought about Karma and all : )

I'll let you know when things happen, and I'll do your blog if you'll do mine : )

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Maria Zannini said...

That sounds like a plan. I have a new book coming out in May. :grin:

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Excellent, Maria! Congrats! I'm sure we'll keep in touch ; )

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is me grinning. :D

I'm so happy for you, Cathy!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Aw, thanks, Meretta! I must say, I've been doing quite a bit more smiling myself of late : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home