Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tag! I'm It!

Avalon author Sierra Donovan has tagged me. Thanks, Sierra. No really : P

I answer the questions below then "tag" four more people, asking them to post their answers to the same questions. No pressure to play, but it is fun and gives an excuse for not hitting my WIP. OK, here we go:

Four Movies that I can see over and over
1. Serenity
2. Young Frankenstein (Sierra listed this one too and I must agree)
3. Mr. and Mrs. Smith
4. Pride and Prejudice

Four Places I have lived
1. Brentwood, NY
2. Bottineau, ND
3. Fairbanks, AK
4. Corvallis, OR

Four TV shows that I love to watch
1. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart/The Colbert Report (two separate shows but on in tandem, so suck it up)
2. Chuck
3. House
4. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles—which has been cancelled but I loved it

Four places where I have gone on vacation
1. England/Scotland
2. San Diego
3. Cruise along Mexico’s west coast (salt air shrinks clothing, btw, tho it may have been the buffet…)
4. Orlando

Four favorite foods
1. Baked winter king salmon
2. BBQ pork ribs
3. Fresh peaches
4. Ice cream

Four websites I visit daily
1. Yahoo Mail
2. My other mail site
3. Mrs. Giggles
4. A bunch of blogs I pop in on during my morning rounds (yes, this is a cheater answer. So sue me.)

Four places I would rather be
1. Back East visiting my family
2. At my father-in-law’s ranch/visiting DH’s family near by
3. Soaking in a warm bath
4. Traveling to somewhere new

Four things that I would like to do before I die
1. Write a bestseller (I believe this is on many of the “tagged” folks’ lists :)
2. Visit each continent
3. Get all my friends together for a huge party
4. See my husband happily retired and my kids happy and successful

Four novels I wish that I was reading for the first time
1. On Basilisk Station by David Weber (the first of an excellent series featuring a female starship commander)
2. To Kill a Mockingbird
3. The Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey
4. The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis

Four people to tag
1. Sharron McClellan
2. Jody Wallace
3. Amy Jandrey
4. Tracy Montoya

7 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger LVLM(Leah) said...

OMG, you lived in Brentwood, NY? That's where I grew up.

I also stayed in Fairbanks for a couple of months.

I agree with two of your movies. Not saying which, but One is about a funny monster and the other a crazy couple. :)

JS and Colbert are both must see's for me every day.

Except for pork, which I don't eat, I'm totally with you on the rest. But I would have cheated and put peaches and cream ice cream as one food item.

Interesting that 2 things you want to do before you die have to do with family and friends.

But seriously, where in Brentwood? I grew up I guess in the south side of it. Went to South Jr. High. Lived off of Brentwood Rd. and Commack just near the St. Joseph's Acadamy. It's a small, small world. But that was long, long ago.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Holy crap, Leah! How funny/weird. I grew up in Brentwood too and still consider it "home" even though I left a long time ago. My Mom is still there, tho she's selling the house we grew up in, off Suffolk Ave and Park, near 5th Ave/Wicks Road. Yeah, *that* part of town ; ) Went to East Jr. High.

What were you doing in Fairbanks? I spent several years there, mostly going to school. Same with Bottineau ND. Obviously I'm not one for the heat : )

Man, oh man, the things you discover, eh?

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger LVLM(Leah) said...

OH heh, that's practically across the street from Village Elementary where I went to school, near Brentwood Hi, no?

We moved from Brentwood when I was 15 to Port Jeff Station. But I left in my early twenties and no family lives there now for a long time.

DH and I went to NY in 05 and we went all over LI and I drove past the old houses. Look so different! Although Brentwood really didn't change that much over all these years.

In Fairbanks I stayed with a friend for a bit and waitressed. It was middle of winter and I couldn't handle it being dark all the time. But did go with some army guys flying up to Circle and swam in Circle Hot springs. Fun

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Yeah, the old house is sort of near the HS, across the tracks toward the LIE. We went to Twin Pines Elem, though.

It's weird to go back now that I'm older. Hometowns seem to be the same yet so different upon return.

Middle of the winter is not a good time to be introduced to Fairbanks : ) But the hot springs when it's -20 is sweet.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Four Movies that I can see over and over
1. None (I don't have a lot of patience for rewatching movies)

Four Places I have lived
1. Here
2. There
3. At home
4. At school

Four TV shows that I love to watch
1. The Office
2. Heroes
3. Chuck
4. True Blood

Four places where I have gone on vacation
1. Maine
2. North Carolina
3. Texas
4. My brain

Four favorite foods
1. peanut butter
2. chocolate
3. chocolate
4. peanut butter

Four websites I visit daily
1. Twitter
2. Fugly
3. Mrs. Giggles
4. Dear Author

Four places I would rather be
1. Rich
2. Successful
3. Getting a foot massage
4. Accompanying my agent to meet my publishers

Four things that I would like to do before I die
1. Meet my great grandchildren
2. See Niagra Falls
3. Learn to speak cat
4. Abolish racial, social and gender inequality

Four novels I wish that I was reading for the first time
1. Walking Across Egypt
2. Benjamin and Tulip
3. Haunted
4. The Doomsday Book

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Sierra Donovan said...

Cathy, thanks for playing! :)

Which version of Pride and Prejudice do you recommend? (I've only seen the 2005 version.) And could you by any chance mean the old Hitchcock movie called Mr. and Mrs. Smith? (Or am I just too lame for words?)

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Hi Sierra,

It was fun to play, and made me think about certain things : )

I meant the 2005 "P & P" with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen. I want to see the BBC version everyone raves about. And I've seen the 1930s or '40s film, but that was long ago.

Hehheh, no, I didn't mean the Hitchcock version of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith". Though I do enjoy his films. You're not lame.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home