Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Though I'm asked what I want for Mother's Day, birthdays, etc., I rarely come up with a specific idea for my poor, befuddled family. I'm usually happy with sleeping in and not having to cook or clean up. This year, however, did get me a couple of lovely things: poems from my daughters. Like most things kid-related, they make me laugh and cry. I've been given permission to share them here.

A Mother's Day Poem
by DD #1 (age 12)

Dear Mom,
You make us feel good when we're sad,
You calm us down when we're mad.
We're jumpy bear cubs in a den,
You're our doting mother hen.
You make sure we are neat and straight,
And that we clean our plate.
When you're around we feel happy.
I think this poem is getting too sappy!
Even when we feel shy,
You make sure we don't cry!
You're the best Mom there's ever been!
(Even when the cat meows his head off for din din : )

A Poem and a message
by DD#2 (age 8, almost 9)

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I give lots of love
to you!

Moms are like blankets,
they cover you with love.

Aren't they the sweetest? There is nothing in this world that could be bought or sold that equals receiving these gifts. One day a year isn't enough to celebrate the joys of my children--I'm blessed every single day.

Happy Mother's Day!

4 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Blankets! That's so cute!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Yeah, that's my writer girl ; )

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Ember said...

What beautiful poems! Your girls are wonderful.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Thanks, Ember! I think so too : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home