Saturday, September 27, 2008

Light Another Candle and Step Back!

Today is my birthday! I got to sleep in, sort of. My youngest served me toast in bed before I was fully awake. Then she delivered a slew of presents she'd been secretly wrapping in hand-decorated dot matrix printer paper (the kind with the holes on the sides and each sheet is attached to the next...yeah, we have a box of the stuff). She gave me one of her favorite stuffed animals and some change. You can't go wrong with a cash gift, I say. My oldest gave me a cute stuffed bear dressed in Native clothing. Apparently you're never too old to receive stuffed animals : ) DH left a bouquet of flowers on my car seat yesterday, where it was parked at the school (I subbed for a second grade teacher) along with a note asking for the check book. No, not for a gift, but to get a US Forest Service wood cutting permit. Thanks, dear! Just what I always wanted!

It's been a great day and can only get better.

Oh, and go on over to my AT3 pal and "twin" Meretta Pater's blog to wish her a Happy Birthday too.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Meretta said...

Happy Birthday, Cathy! You and me are like peas and carrots, I think! :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Back at ya, Meretta! We're like pie and ice cream, or cheese and crackers. I'll let you decide who is cheesy and who is crackers ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home