Monday, August 27, 2007

Ahhhhh......Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Today is the first day of school. I believe I was more excited about it than my girls were, and they were pretty pumped.

Don't get me wrong. I love my kids more than anything else. But after the insanity of the past five months with family losses, house buying and selling, moving, and getting settled into a new town, it's great to be back in a routine. Going to bed at a decent hour, getting up in time to eat rather than wolf down breakfast, making lunches.

After enjoying a quiet morning of kidlessness, I'll get myself back on track with revising, writing, contest judging, and critting. No really. I will.

Right after I finish laughing with giddy abandon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Sharron McClellan said...

>>>Right after I finish laughing with giddy abandon.

You suck! :)

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jody W. and Meankitty said...

I haven't had a chance to laugh, but then, I'm not alone, either!

Jody W.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

I know I do, Sharron : ) I have to get my jollies where I can.

Jody, I feel for you! Some day you, too, will revel in the quietude of kidlessness. I promise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home