Thursday, September 06, 2012

Randomness

*School has begun here in the soggy, semi-far north. Actually, it started on Aug. 23. It's nice to get back into routine, but I keep waiting for the phone to ring to be called in to sub. I have been subbing, but it's pre-arranged for the most part. Always a chance of a surprise at 7AM.

*Waiting on the cover for Caught in Amber, my science fiction romance coming out from Carina Press in January. Got the copy blurb, which is fantastic. Still, seeing a cover for the first time is a particular thrill. Can't wait. And yes, I will share once I get the okey-dokey from TPTB.

*The third book, Deep Deception, will be out in May. Woo hoo! Just finished the art fact sheet on that one. Another cover to giddily await.

*Meanwhile, I'm working on two other books. One is about shape shifters in Alaska. The other is a paranormal western, sort of, about two female demon hunters. Love them both, but struggles with plot and pacing on one are making me a tad twitchy. Hopefully my lovely crit partners/beta readers will see where I'm going astray.

*After a harsh winter, we were hoping for a nice summer but no. I can count on one and a half hands how many actually sunny days we had. Not all were rainy, but there was lot of cool, gray weather. *sigh* Here's hoping for a better winter this time.

*I'll have a few friends with books doing promo stuff here in the months to come. Can't wait to share!

*I want a cookie (Hey, the title of the post is random. I wasn't kidding ; )

*We have to REALLY start thinking about colleges and college prep for DD1. So much more competition out there for spots in schools and for financial aid.

*Any randomness you'd like to add?

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger LVLM(Leah) said...

I give you credit for doing the "on call" thing. I'd be like, you want me today? But..but...I'm still in my pajamas and I have things to do.

And yay for all those upcoming releases! You've been a busy little beaver. :)

Congrats, you seem to be doing really well and are on your way to becoming an international bestseller! I know it.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

I have a hard time shifting gears from relaxed morning to scramble for work, but I sort of mentally prepare myself for the phone call and am thrilled when I don't get it : ) It's the late call-ins that throw me for a loop : P

I was running amok there for a bit, but it's better now : ) And thanks!

International bestseller? What are you drinking??? ; ) But thanks. That would be lovely!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger  said...

cookies be good

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Odd, a teacher and author both. I suppose the best way to acquaint yourself with human psychology is to surround yourself with it. My blog is simply speculation on the mind.
I admire your determination. I am 14, yet have no means of motivating myself to write a book, though I would love to one day.
I will search for your titles when I can.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Miichan19 said...

http://www.theweeklypay.com/index.php?share=295100

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous https://www.sgtravelsmart.com/ said...

Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site.https://www.sgtravelsmart.com/

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Robert Jennifer said...

Now i’m not confident the place you happen to be getting your info, although great subject. I need to invest a while determining additional as well as understanding additional. Thank you for great info I used to be looking for that facts for my own vision.business advice

 
At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Yahoo phone number said...

Please visit my site Yahoo phone number

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...




Free ebooks i have read it and it was very good.
Read it now before it deleted
http://freedigitalstuff.com/?l=free_ebooks_gifts


 

Post a Comment

<< Home