Saturday, January 07, 2012

Happy Snowy New Year!

While the rest of the country laments their woeful lack of snow, we here in the semi-frozen north are being snow hoarders. Hoarders. Not that other "H" word. For that, I apologize. Oh, God, how I apologize. We have been slammed with snow. Pretty much every day since the beginning of December, we have had some measurable amount, averaging over 6 inches. Per day. For the season, which is, mind you, only 1/3 over, we have had over 160 inches of snow. That's 13 feet. There's another community that is also getting buried, and we're only getting HALF of what they're receiving. Glad I'm not there. But I am here, and this is what "here" looks like lately:






10 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Maria Zannini said...

Wow.

Okay, I'll stop complaining that we didn't make it to 60 down here.

Take care.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger LVLM(Leah) said...

Dude- What the hell? If we had that kind of snow all winter, I'd just hole up and never go out. LOL

But the good side is that you burn a lot of calories shoveling. :D

Hang in there, Spring is just around the corner.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Maria, It's all relative. I'm sure the folks in the other community are calling us wimps : )

Leah, It's crazy for here, but not unheard of, which is scary. And I KNOW I've been burning calories, yet the scale has not changed : P Building muscle? Sure, we'll go with that and ignore the fact I had potato chips and dip for lunch. Spring is in about 4 months. Maybe.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. That would be slightly difficult to ride in. Maybe I'll scratch Alaska as a future place to live. ;)

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Malin, it can be a challenge to live here, for sure, but a visit is welcome : )

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger LD Masterson said...

My granddaughter was complaining today that we haven't had any real snow yet (real as opposed to flurries). Can I send her to you?

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Can she wield a shovel? ; ) Fair warning, we rarely have snow days that close school, today being an exception after 30 years of no snow-related closures. She's still welcome to come up : )

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy carp! My back hurts just imaging in the insane amount of shoveling.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

It was pretty crazy there for a while, Diane. Now that the rain has come it, we've got some ice and water with no place to go : P But things will work out and dry out! : )

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Exam Questions said...

The pictures are really very beautiful. I have bookmarked the page it is too good to have. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home