Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Year, New Hope

The holidays are behind us and all is back to normal. The kids have returned to school, DH is back at work, I'm doing my thing.

But I feel like a change is upon us. Upon me. Maybe. Perhaps it's the start of the new year, or the glistening cover of new snow (we've been getting a lot of it over the past week or so) making everything look fresh and bright. I just feel like I'm on the edge of....something. Okay, the edge of sanity comes to mind first, but I've been there so long it's my norm. As a writer, I hope it's THE edge, as in this is the year I get The Call. Yes, I've been on that edge on and off over the years, but this feels a little different. I don't know. Maybe it's just wishful thinking (so what else is new?). The only thing I can do about it is write write write. Get better. Get my work out there.

So while the snow blows in and I wait for a decent amount to accumulate before shoveling, I'll have another cup of coffee and get to work.

Coming soon: ferrets!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Tracy Montoya said...

This is the year! WHOOO!!!! WHOOO!!!!

Just thought I'd cheer you on....

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Tracy Montoya said...

"Could it BE? Yes, it could! Something's coming, something good! Maybe TOOOOOniiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!"

Felt a song coming on. Had to share.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Tracy, is that from "Unpubbed Writer: The Musical"?

Thanks for cheering and sharing : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home