Friday, November 27, 2009

Not So Black Friday

There is no Black Friday here in our little town. Well, maybe there is sort of a greyish Friday, but certainly not one that starts at 5 a.m. And for that I am profoundly grateful. Not that I'd be up that early just to save a few dollars. Even if we lived in a more urbanized area, it wouldn't happen. When we visited family in larger towns/cities during the Thanksgiving holiday, it didn't happen. There is no sale, no item I need to get that could possibly justify my getting out of bed in the cold and dark to stand in a large crowd of people crushing me against glass doors or another cranky, coffee-deprived person. Best to just avoid the situation altogether, I say. That's what the internet's for, isn't it?

So it's a good thing that I live in a town that is not subject to such insanity. Hubby and I will do our version of Black Friday this afternoon. We'll have been well-rested after a relaxing Thanksgiving meal yesterday, a decent night's sleep and a couple cups of coffee this morning. Heck, we aren't even starting out until after lunch. Will we miss any great deals? No. Then again, with the limited shopping in town--and the possibility many shops are closed for the holiday weekend--we probably won't be finding much today anyway. And that's fine by me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home