Sunday, April 20, 2008

American Title IV--No Word Yet

Hi.

You're probably looking for the name of the winner of the American Title IV contest run by Romantic Times and Dorchester. Is it Trish Milburn's Out of Sight or Helen Scott Tayor's The Magic Knot???? Unfortunately, I have no idea : ) But feel free to look around here while you wait. Pour another cup of tea or coffee, read a few of my earlier posts, browse my website. Just relax. The official word won't be released until Monday, so you have plenty of time.

Last year at this time, we ATIII finalists had known Jenny Gardner was the winner for a while before the RT ceremony. I can only imagine how hard it was for Jenny not to explode with the news until then. I'm sure Trish and Helen have been facing a bombardment of questions from folks. Keeping mum must have been rough. Attendees at the RT convention know the results, but the rest of us will have to wait. Patience, grasshopper.

I want to extend my congratulations to all the ATIV finalists. You have a lot to be proud of.

So while I wait with the rest of you, I'm going to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts and check back in at RT later. Or maybe someone will leak the news early ; )

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Hi, Cathy. Your blog showed up on my Google Alerts. :)

Helen won the AT, which was very exciting for her since it was her first sale. It all worked out great in the end because she got the first sale, and I was fortunate enough to sell after the contest started -- to Harlequin American and Razorbill (Penguin).

Are you in Alaska? If so, cool! I think my next YA might be set in Alaska, so I may need to pick your brain. :)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Hi, Trish!

Congrats to Helen for the win and to you for your sale. Wow, what a double play for ATIV : )

I am in AK, and you're free to pick my brain once it thaws ; )

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home